Friday, June 6, 2008

Whitecaps and Windsurfers

No, I guess they weren't windsurfers, kite boarders?  I don't know.  They were standing on surfboard type things and holding onto big ass kites.

Where, at the lake where I'm supposed to be swimming tomorrow.  Weather channel says s-sw winds at 20mph gusting to 40mph.  It's windy.  And the buoys that were out marking part of the course, blown way, way out of position.  I had to look for quite a bit to find the second one, wouldn't be surprised if it isn't 1/2 way up the Yahara River by now.

If you haven't surmised, I'm in a bad mood.  It started with having to drive to the west side for packet pickup, which turned out to be it's own little cluster^*@$.  Stop at 5 different tables to get everything, if of course you get by the first guy, where you sign waivers, pay USAT dues, or try to prove your a USAT member because you don't like carrying every slip of paper or membership card you ever owned in your wallet.

We did get a nice technical wicking type shirt, which in and of itself would be fine, if it wasn't black.  I thought the whole purpose of these materials were to keep you dry and cool, so why @!$%(*# black!

So being on the west side and wanting to swim today, I headed to the race site only to find said waves powered by said wind.  Not going to swim today.  On the way back to the office I saw a girl on the bike path off John Nolen basically get blown off her bike by the wind.

This should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see your optimism once again in full swing. hope all goes well today.