Sunday, December 23, 2007

Resolutions

I don't make them, but if you want an excellent post on them and living in the present, head over to IM Able's and read her post on the subject. What I have done is adjusted and revised my tentative race schedule for 2008. The links to the right have been updated. Hopefully the schedule will motivate me some.

Point Bock Run - Five mile run, beer, and a good excuse to visit the Rewey's. What more needs to be said.

Shamrock Shuffle - 10k, it's local, I'm at least part Irish, and it fit's into the schedule.

Crazy Legs - 8k, really it's the only local April event that looked the least bit interesting. I'm open to suggestions for others.

Syttende Mai - 20 mile, and the culmination of my running efforts for 2008. I considered a marathon as well, but Madison is only a week later this year, and I don't feel like traveling to torture myself for 4+ hours.

Race for the Cure - Ok, one last run for the year, but really, is there an easier cause to get behind. If breast cancer hasn't directly impacted your family or friends it will, unfortunately.

Bigfoot Oly. Tri - First try at tri's. Still need to learn to swim, buy a bike, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Pigman 1/2 iron Tri - Heading into fall, and ultimately training for Ironman in 2009, I feel as if I'm going to need some reassurance that I can do the distance, so a half ironman it is. But even on top of that, I want to cross the finish line and here the announcer say, "Congratulations, you are, Pigman".

Cheq. Fat Tire - Finally some mountain bike stuff, and an event I'm really looking forward to. After all of the above, I should make it.

12 Hours at John Muir - Another mountain bike event, but for me, it'll be the 3-hour or maybe the 6-hour, definitely not the 12-hour.

That's it, training officially starts in 4-weeks. At least the run and swim portions, I won't be doing any biking until it's warmer.

No comments: