Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shaken, not stirred

My confidence that is.  I attempted to swim this afternoon.  I realize it's been probably six weeks, but I honestly wondered what made me think I could do this.  Totally uncomfortable in the water.  Like a fish out of water, in the water, so to speak.

In my head I understand that I need pool time to get comfortable and gain some confidence in the water.  Swimming isn't normally something I enjoy, even if it's ninety and sunny outside.  Swimming in the middle of winter absolutely doesn't feel right.  Staying motivated to actually get there on a regular basis is going to be tough.

It doesn't help when the old woman (60 going on 80) next to me is swimming circles around me and laughing.  Alright, she wasn't laughing, out loud anyway.

That's it, I'm over it, just needed to rant a bit.  I think the bunny helped.






1 comment:

Tea said...

That's ok. The 6 year olds laugh outright at me.