Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good Morning

No, not really.  It's not that I'm not happy with my swim this morning, it's the simple fact that morning workouts suck.

Something about getting up at 5:00am to swim, run, whatever, just doesn't work for me.  I have no problems getting up early if work demands it.  And every now and then a trout in some stream 90 miles away calls and I'll happily get up at 4:00am to go look for him.  I've even been known to leave home at 3:00am to chase pheasants (and the dog) in Iowa.  But swimming, first thing in the morning, not for me.  Running or biking are even less appealing.  I'll take nice warm bed for another hour or so thank you very much.

As training builds over the next months the sad realization is I will need to schedule more of these morning workouts.  Not looking forward to it.  Scheduling and time management are easily the two things I spend the most time thinking about in regard to IM training.  It's hard.

No comments: