Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring Fever - Part 2

I really didn't want to go out and ride today, but my desire to get on the trainer was nonexistent. I pretty much dropped the ball training wise this week, so I felt somewhat obligated.

After a brief early afternoon nap I bundled up, rolled the bike over to the air compressor for a spring top-off, and headed out. It was cold but not unbearable. Biggest mistake was going around the state park (out by Springers). The roads out there still had lots of snow, ice, and puddles. I only lost the back wheel once, managed to stay up without any real problems. Taking the mountain bike turned out to be a good choice. We both got a nice saltwater and sand shower.

Stuck it out for 10.5-miles, never really intended for it to be a long ride. Was nice being out, a big red tailed hawk soared ahead of me for a bit on the way in. Haven't seen one of those on the trainer lately.

Between travel, a sick boy (pneumonia, pink eye, fever), and tired legs, training last week was hard. My two swims went well, 4,800 yards in total. There is a post brewing in my head to sum up my swim thoughts, just not there yet. I ran 13 miles, including the Bock Run yesterday, and I rode the trainer once.

Worse still, I think I'm going to need to take it easy this week as well. My legs feel completely trashed and I really don't want to risk injury. On top of that the pool is closed. Apparently someone decided to poop in it. It'll be interesting to see how quickly they get it opened back up. Will be extra diligent in trying to not swallow pool water.

The extra time should allow me to follow up on-being tagged by Min. Apparently I get to reveal seven things about myself. The concepts are there, and I'll likely start it following this post, but
I write slow. No slow comments necessary, I know.

In the mean time go read her blog, she's doing IMOO this year, and I hope to learn lots from her trials and tribulations a year in advance of my run at it. Her coach, elf, also writes an excellent blog. I'll link to it at right at some point.

No comments: