Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bad Attitude

It's been a crappy week. The weather went to hell again, twice. Wednesay it dumped a ton of snow on us and last night we got back to mind numbingly cold. I haven't looked at a forecast, but if it doesn't warm up soon I may just take another week off.

To top things off, the UW running club V-Day 5k was cancelled yesterday morning. Of course I didn't find this out until I made my way to Madison and the supposed registration location. This despite looking at said running clubs website immediately before leaving the house. So I did what any normal person would do, I returned home and took a nap.

Sitting at the garden expo the remainder of the weekend hasn't helped the old attitude much either. I actually like the expo and the people I meet, but 10+ hours of talking compost over three days is a little much.

Aside from 4-hours or so of shoveling snow, I managed about 3,200 yards in the pool and a 1/2 hour on the bike. I didn't make it out for a run. Maybe next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Rob!

I got back on the wagon, or exercise bike, today. Only 20 minutes but it was at least something. I went kind of close to closing so I couldn't put in any more time.

IronMin said...

Hang in there. Everyone is in the same boat. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow...I think we should start a "shovelers anonymous" support group. The past week has been particularly tough for me too but I saw a sign today in Madison that said "37 days until spring"...we can only hope! (oh, and shoveling totally counts as training)