Sunday, February 17, 2008

Walkin' Blues

If I can walk tomorrow it will be a miracle.

Yesterday I went for a 7.4 mile trek, of which I ran 6.6 miles of it with only two walk breaks. I was happy, my calves were not. To keep things interesting the dog tried to take me out. He didn't count on my cat like reflexes as I hurdled him and kept going.

Today I got on the self inflicted human torture device, otherwise known as the bike trainer, for 1:15. Calves still not happy. I very much do not like that thing. Is spring here yet? Oh yeah, it rained today, then snowed, again. Our cul de sac is a skating rink.

Not a terrible week, despite the weather. 3,300 yards in the pool, 2:45 in hell, and 10+ miles on the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I don't think I've run that far in all of Jan and Feb combined! Glad to see that your endurance is picking up and that you are feeling better and better with all your workouts. You may need to start stretching one of these days (it may help your calves feel better post-workout!) And, just so you don't feel alone, we too could ice skate right out of our garage to the end of the street.