Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brick *

Is a brick really a brick if ones transition time is longer than the subsequent run? 

The wind was the determining factor in cutting my run short, but I did get out and make an effort.  After half hour on the bike in the basement I toweled off, put on most of the clothes I own, and went out for the run portion.  Definitely a lot harsher than the previous night.  Instead of running around the entire subdivision, I settled on one lap of the shortest block, roughly 10 minutes, it was enough.

Today my legs are sore from all the recent activity, calves taking the worst of it.  When I first got up I felt like I was walking in downhill ski boots, unable to flex at the ankle.  They've loosened up some, but the first couple of steps whenever I get up are a little iffy.  I expected this, now waiting for it to pass.

Still have not swam, pool closed last night because of the weather, is closed again today, and will likely be closed again tomorrow.  That makes today a rest day, something I excel at.

* Brick - for those of you not in the know, is a workout of one triathlon discipline followed directly by a second, typically bike than run, but technically it could be any combination of the three.  Unless otherwise noted, my brick comments will always be bike/run related.

No comments: