Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Foiled

For the second time in less than a week I actually got off my ass and made it to the pool only to be greeted by a swim meet.  What is a boy to do?

I did get through my first run yesterday. Cold and slow.  How slow, let's put it this way, my run speed in min/mile was greater than monday's bike speed in miles/hour.  I think that says something about my general state of fitness.  But it was cold, somewhere around 1 (one) degree F.  And there was snow everywhere, and ice, and some people don't know how to shovel, and some people don't shovel, and it was cold.

But I'm not making excuses, I was out there, and it wasn't that bad.  And I actually ran for 30 minutes. No walking, only one brief stop to discuss my lunacy of running in this weather with a friend passing by.

Tonight I have a brick workout on the plan, which sounds like a brilliant idea, 30 minutes inside getting sweaty followed by a 15 minute run on a -5 degree wisconsin winter night.  But it will get done, worst case it will be done in reverse, but more than likely it will just be a really long transition.  But it will get done. 

Now I just need to figure out when to swim.

No comments: