Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good day to be a duck

One of my boss's favorite sayings, and I here at least twice a day whenever it happens to be wet, overcast, and cold.  Today is one of those days.  It rained some this morning, just enough to get everything wet, is completely overcast, and while certainly not cold, with highs supposedly pushing 40, it's still a good day to be a duck, apparently.

Spring fever has a firm grasp on me.  I absolutely dread looking forward at my training schedule.  This weeks long ride is scheduled for 2.5 hours.  I'm starting to hate the basement and riding on the trainer.  I pulled off 2 hours last week, not one second more.  I even showed G my watch.  Actually, almost all my rides end within about one second of the planned time.  No point over doing it.

Running, well running is running.  I've had some good ones and some less than ideal outings.  But I feel well ahead of last year at this point.  Which is really the nice thing about blogging and logging workouts, it's really easy to see where you were at last month, year, etc.  I look back very regularly. 

Point Bock Run is next week, looking forward to it, my initial goal was to break 45 minutes on the 5-mile route.  I think that's within reach, so I'll probably shoot for 42 or so.

March is going to be a focus on swimming month.  I know me, and I know when the air warms and the lakes are still to cold to swim in, i.e. April and may, I'm going to have a hard time getting in the pool.  So I declare March to be swim month.  Maybe I'll learn to swim like a duck.

1 comment:

Team Brazo said...

I know the feeling of not a second over on that darn trainer. I have opt'd to stay off the trainer and work on my base via runs. Starting March 1st -- buying that pool membership for 3 months -- that'll get me to go. I know there is a reason that I like doing IronMan races -- guess right now I'm just forgetting why...