Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March

March was a good month. At the start, I proclaimed it swim month. And it was. I swam more this month than I ever had, 23,000+ yards, substantially more than January and February combined, but still less than the plan called for. I'm not really any faster compared to last year at this time, but I feel much more comfortable in the water.

I'm guessing that if I swam according to the plan, April swim totals would reach 35k-40k. I'm going to shoot for 30k+, and want to be doing the complete workouts called for by the end of the month (3k 3x/week). Getting there.

Bike wise, I spent a whole lot of time going nowhere, and not really all that fast. I only rode outdoors three times, twice on my mountain bike and once on Wilson. April should put an end to my trainer days, I just hope it comes sooner than later. Oddly enough, biking feels like my weakest link right now.

I'm thrilled with my running progress over the last month, I just need to keep it up. Training runs are starting to be more consistently below the 10:00 minute/mile pace. Goal for April is to kiss the 10 minute/mile good bye for good.

If nothing else April should be an interesting month. Scheduling is already hard, weekly volume is starting to build, both kids start soccer next week, and little league starts just a couple of weeks after that. Planning (and sticking to that plan) is going to be imperative.

2 comments:

Trishie said...

looks like a pretty good March. important to feel more comfortable in the water, even if you don't feel faster. 9:xx here you come !!

Totters said...

Hey...haven't stopped by in awhile but it was good to catch up on your progress. I like having somebody other than my husband on the same training plan. This weekend should be GORGEOUS for a nice long ride. Do you ever wish that triathlon didn't included running?!? I know I sure do some days. Way to go on getting faster...I feel like my running is a mess right now, I hope if I keep plugging away it will eventually fall into place. Have a great Easter...easy on that candy;)