Saturday, January 12, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a while, so I'll summarize. Over christmas break I sat down and put together a training schedule to take me through Syttendai Mai, Bigfoot, and Pigman. For Syttendai Mai, I took a 16-week marathon plan and adjusted it down for the difference in distances, I also built in 3 or 4 off weeks so I don't burn out. I then took a 30-week IM training plan, cut the distances in half, but used the marathon plan for the first 16-weeks of the running portion. After careful scrutiny and some tweaks here and there I think I have a usable plan.

And the start date for this plan is, or should I say was, two weeks ago. Tomorrow is the end of week two. I blew off the first week cause we were in florida. I did one short run on the beach, but I also ate a shitload of crappy food. I'll post pictures at some point. Kid's had fun.

Week 2 has gone well, but I need to find something to do until I can start biking. I had planned to ski for my initial bike workouts, but mother nature decided of course to melt enough of the snow in the madison area to remove that option for now. I'll summarize week 2 tomorrow, hopefully.

2 comments:

Tea said...

is this your first marathon?

I can relate to the snow. I went out running today and still had to deal with snow pack. But, I just couldn't run on the treadmill again. :)

Robert said...

this is my first anything, but I'm not doing a marathon, the longest I plan on going this year is 20 miles at syttendai mai, then IM in 2009.