Sunday, January 27, 2008

kicked, and kicked, and kicked again

It's been a week of getting my ass kicked in one way or another. Monday it was the new bike. I put it on the trainer Tuesday night and rode 1/2 hour just to try and loosen the legs up. Did the same again on Thursday night. Legs didn't take the same pounding, but it wasn't easy. Boring is what it was. BORING!! Indoor bike training sucks, but I'll likely keep doing short rides just to get used to the new bike.

Yesterday it was running that kicked my ass. Went out with dog in the am for a planned 5 miles. I don't know what happened, just didn't have it in me. Ended up walking at least the last two, with an unimpressive performance in the first three as well. Walked in the door and pretty much collapsed on the bedroom floor.

Today it was cross country skiing. Granted it's been probably been 8-years since I've been on skis, but holy crap it was tough. Stayed out for about an hour, no idea how far I went. Another whole set of muscles I didn't know I had are screaming now, triceps the loudest. It was nice being out in the woods and prairies of the state park, beats the hell out of city streets. May have to try trail running come spring.

Good thing I only swam twice this week, probably would have wound up at the bottom of the pool. All in all, put in 3,100 yards in the pool, almost 14-miles on the road, 1.5 hours on the bike, with the skiing debacle to boot. One more week, then my first planned week off.

Stacey, thanks for the cake, it's gone. Sooooooo good.

No comments: