Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day Dreaming

It's a miserable day here in Madison.  Light rain, supposedly turning to snow.  Totally overcast, dreary, and headed back towards frigid cold temperatures tonight. 

In the middle of all this I found myself at the courthouse for a 3-hour meeting about god knows what.  From my vantage point I could see part of the Monona Terrace, and if it weren't for the fog, Lake Monona in the background.  Commence ironman daydreams.  Every once in a while I'd be snapped back to reality,  then some lone runner would wander down the street outside the window and I'd be back in lala land.

Six months ago I doubt you could have paid me to be that guy.  This morning I would have gone out in a heartbeat given the opportunity.  Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was at the point where I would feel that way too...Actually wanting to do it! I still haven't gotten back on the wagon so once my nose is healed, I will have to remotivate.