Monday, May 26, 2008

Feels Like the First Time

Running that is. I've run a grand total of almost 16-miles in the last 5-weeks. My first run in May occurred this week, a week in which I attempted to run three times.

The first was a two miler that included a walk break at the turn around. The second I managed two miles straight through. This morning I tried running after riding my lake route. Made it just past the end of the block before deciding to walk the rest of it.

Problem this morning was water, drank way to much of it as I was changing into my running shoes. Learned my lesson. The others were about what I expected. I never planned on going more than a couple of miles, but it was hard. It was also the first time I've dealt with heat. Much prefer running in cold weather.

Time to get back on the horse, or off it. Been way to focused on riding the bike this month. Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been terrible at reading your blog! I have not read anything since "I'm at a loss for a title" until today so I had a lot to catch up on. Too much missed opportunity to comment but I need to make just this one, from the Earlybird tri. Regarding your next competition, kick her ass. I know you read these too, g, and I love ya, but I'm rooting for your husband. :)