Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm In

Made it through the 2009 Ironman registration line this morning relatively quickly. Much to my surprise registration did not sell out on-site. It did sell out online within 20 minutes.

I don't think it's really hit me yet. There was no real emotion when I finally signed up. No relief, no nerves, no elation, nothing. It may just be exhaustion, we did a lot of running around the last couple of days. My lack of activity since Pigman may have come back to bite me in the ass.

Being around Ironman for the last week was fun. Catching bikes coming into T2 was eye opening. A lot of agony, especially towards the end. One guy made it in right at the cutoff. Thankfully I didn't have to witness anybody come in after it, would have been hard to take.

We didn't stick around to watch the later finishers, but I did walk the course for 1-1/2 hours or so after my shift. My opinion, watching runners midway through an ironman marathon is not the place to draw inspiration or motivation. At least not for me. It was painful watching some of those people run.

So here we go. I have my training more or less planned out and all of my key races selected. I'll lay it all out here soon. Also going to be participating in a second blog, a collaborative effort from bunch of peeps doing IMoo 2009.

Hold on, going to be a long ride.

No comments: