Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Night Ride Report

Tonight P and I went out for a ride. Everything was going great. P was having fun, nice easy ride for me, just what I needed, probably what we both needed. Then I ran him over, literally.

I don't even know how it happened. He was riding off to my right and just in front of me. For reasons unkown he lost control, swerving into my front tire before going down. Flat road, no cars, no corners, nothing, except a 7-year old hyped up on chocolate and fresh air.

P ended up in a heap under his bike, under me and my bike, which I managed to bring to a stop only after the front wheel rolled over him. Not so good.

After shotputting my bike into the ditch and digging him out from under his we sat on the shoulder and surveyed the damage while he cryed it out. Amazingly, nothing significant. Three small scrapes on his back, some roughed up hands and a banged up knee. Typical boy stuff, at least from what I remember.

He sucked it up and we rode the last mile or so home without issue. Even with the trauma of getting run over by dad he still had a great time. Covered 9-1/2 miles, a new distance record (for him).

2 comments:

Alili said...

Poor little dude! Glad it wasn't too bad.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor P!! Would you believe...all the talking I do to my sister, and she never even mentioned this!! Anyway, glad you are both OK! I hope your bike survived the shotput!