Sunday, September 21, 2008

Reunited

And it was ok. Not really the makings of a sappy love song, but it is what it is.

I got back on wilson, my tri-bike, for the first time in a good month. For whatever reason I haven't ridden it since Pigman back in August. Seems like a long time ago.

Felt like it too.

First couple miles were the hardest. First major bump was a quick reminder of just how much different this ride is then the mountain bike. Ouch.

We quickly fell back into a rhythm. Some cleaning and maintenance yesterday paid off and we had no issues all day.

Did one lap of the IMoo bike course. It's still hard. Imagine that, sitting on my ass for a month hasn't made the bike course any easier or faster.

Was good to get back out. If nothing else it was a quick reminder of what lies ahead. I anticipate many many miles on this course in the coming year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No updates since 9/21? Whats going on? I hope the training plan hasn't gotten the best of you already!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bert!! No updates for a while. How's everything going? I looked up your blog this morning, hoping for some inspiration to go to the gym and saw no new updates. But, the old ones did do the trick.