Friday, September 28, 2007

Almost Embarrassing

I tried running this morning. It didn't go so well. If I had any sort of an ego or pride in this matter I would be embarrassed to put it down on paper, but here it is.

The plan, I put together a list of songs all between two and three minutes in length. Plan was to walk the first 4 songs, then run/walk on alternating songs for the remainder.

Turns out, I can't make it through an entire song. So the plan was quickly altered to 1/2 song running, 1-1/2 songs walking. I can only imagine what the dog was thinking:

"What's going on, we're running?"
"Dad never runs."
"Someone chasing us?"
"No."
"Is it my birthday, Christmas?"
"Oh who gives a shit, woo hoo, we're running!"
"What the hell, why'd we start walking again?"
"This sucks, get me all excited then stop running already."
"Boring"
"Rather be sleeping"
"Is that something dead I should be eating or rolling in"
"Boring"
"Running again, woo hoo, let's go!"

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

And so it went for just over an hour. Covered 5.1 miles in about an hour and 10 minutes. I roughly figure I ran 13-1/2 minutes and 1.4 miles, walked the rest. Legs are dead tired, brush your teeth sitting down tired. To top it off, what I thought was going to be an easy day at work, turned into an on your feet and moving all day type of day. Very much looking forward to an easy weekend. May go for an easy ride to loosen up the legs sunday afternoon, so if anyone would like to ride along, let me know.

On a side note, it was an absolutely beautiful morning to be out. Moon was close to full and the sky was clear, could easily see what was in front of me. Temperatures were cold enough to make you want to keep moving, but no where near uncomfortable. Wonderful fall weather.

No comments: