Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Today was bike day, and I really wasn't looking forward to it. Legs were sore from yesterday's walk/swim and my knee was bothering me more than usual. But the weather was nice and I probably shouldn't start slacking already, so off I went.

It took a while for the legs to loosen up, but eventually they did and I managed to put in 14 miles. Knee never really became an issue. Same pace as the first ride, which I'm ok with. I'm happy that I managed just 1-mph slower on the last 5 miles than I did on the first 9. Sunday I barely crawled home. Today I felt like I could have managed other couple miles at a fairly reasonable pace. I may not walk tomorrow, but I feel pretty good now.

The cold weather is going to require some biking pants and gloves. Looks like I'll be upping the dork factor (coincidentally, I didn't wear my running shoes to school yesterday, it was light out, and people were out and about). Today I rode in shorts and a pullover. Legs were cold, upper body was very warm.

On a side note, my ass and groin area in general is sore from riding. But on the bright side, at least I don't have a rash.........

No comments: