Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This blog

Since the wife has already outed me, and she's now wanting to out the blog as well. I may as well explain why I'm keeping it.

First, it's primary purpose is to keep a light hearted record of this little adventure. Before I even started, wife was on me to keep a training record, she even bought me a notebook. I read several blogs on a regular basis, and this seemed like a much better way to get everything down.
Hopefully, I'll be able to look back at this and laugh at just how out of shape I actually was (am).

Second, it's a way to share this trip with others. As most of you know, I'm not much of a talker. It's very unlikely you'll get any level of detail out of me on how training is actually going. Hopefully, I'll be much better at getting things down on this blog. If you want to know how training is going, go ahead and ask. If you want the details, this is the place.

Last, I'll probably use it to call out some of you to join me, if not for all of it, at least for a portion of the trip. Wife would like to, but logistically, the training in the months before the race is just too time consuming for both of us to accomplish at once (with the kids and all). I view this very much as a personal quest, but at the same time, having someone else to suffer through it with may not be all bad.

Feel free to comment, critique, even criticize if you must. The only thing I won't tolerate is you getting sappy or emotional about it. Don't make me come and kick your ass (it's not part of the program).

On that note, since she is so excited about this, I will also allow wife to cohost this blog and post her viewpoints on my training as well. If her name is in ( ) in the title, the post is hers. G, thanks for your support, and remember, I'll yank your posting privledges quicker than.........well, pretty damn quick.

Yet to come..

Motivations
Training Program/Schedule

No comments: