Friday, September 21, 2007

Superman

Nice easy walk today ended up being about 4-miles. Up to the river and back, with a detour through the Ross subdivision on the return trip. Felt good, no need for a head lamp, as I could see from the shine coming off the new shoes.

I believe I now have an "official" song for the program as well. Yesterday afternoon I started to listen to a Kinks album I've had forever but have not listened too in ages. Ipod died half way through the first song so it didn't go far. Fast forward to this morning, same album was stilled cued up so I figured it was as good as anything. Third song in is Superman. For those not familiar, it starts off like this:

Woke up this morning, started to sneeze
I had a cigarette and a cup of tea
I looked in the mirror what did I see
A nine stone weakling with knobbly knees
I did my knees bend press ups touch my toes
I had another sneeze and I blew my nose
I looked in the mirror at my pigeon chest
I had to put on my clothes because it made me depressed

Surely there must be a way
For me to change the shape I'm in
Dissatisfied is what I am
I want to be a better man
Superman Superman wish I could fly like Superman
Superman Superman I want to be like Superman
I want to be like Superman
Superman Superman wish I could fly like Superman

And winds down with:

I'd really like to change the world
And save it from the mess it's in
I'm too weak, I'm so thin
I'd like to fly but I can't even swim

Have a good weekend, no training plans for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice music, keep it up. And look for me on the big screen.

Janan Ferdosi