Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Walking Shoes

That's right, waking shoes, I don't run. I tried it once, but about 1/2 way to first base I fell down, so I quit. The extent of my workouts, aside from the previously mentioned swim, have been three walks. About two weeks ago, dog and I went 2.3 miles in a nighttime walk, last tuesday morning, we went on a 4 mile excursion, then last night, a 5.2 mile outing. Last night dog was actually tired when we were finished, so I felt like I accomplished something anyway.

I don't own walking / running shoes. My choices right now are two pair of sandals, my retired softball cleats, one pair of slip on shoes, various dress shoes, my steel toed work boots, or one of various pairs of winter or hunting boots. Seeing as I wear them all day, I'm used to them, and they are comfortable, I've been walking in the steel toes.

This wasn't much of an issue until today. The long walk last night, combined with work today, has was a little hard. I had a chance to sit down in the truck for 1/2 hour this morning and the first thing I did was take the shoes off. Heaven it was. Apparently it is time for a stop at the shoe store for a decent pair of walking / running shoes.

No comments: