Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Swim n Shoes

Back to the pool tonight. Still can't swim. Managed ~800 yards total in 50-100 yard increments. Mostly backstroke or backfloat. Legs and knees are definitely feeling the effects of the last week. In the middle I did maybe 200 yards without kicking, was really starting to feel it in my arms too. Overall, not a workout that left me with that warm fuzzy feeling. The ice cream on the way home didn't help either.

I did pick up a pair of running shoes this afternoon after work. Mizunos. They are white, blue, and yellow; and I feel like a complete dork in them. Not sure exactly why, but I sort of liken it to going out and buying a really expensive triathlon bike or something of that nature. I have no idea how to ride it or get the most out of it. But I'll go out with my shiny new shoes and try and look like I know what I'm doing. That's as best as I know how to explain it.

I should probably take a few days and let my legs rest some, but I'm actually anxious to try out the new shoes. Friday morning seems like a good time for a short walk. Hopefully before the sun comes up, so nobody sees me and my dorky shoes.

No comments: