Sunday, September 30, 2007

September Review / October Preview

September Review - I'm about three weeks into this training thing now, and with almost 60-miles behind me, the only real noticable change is my appetite. I'm always hungry. Seems like I'm eating constantly. I've started to change my diet. No more relying on fast food for weekday breakfast and/or lunch. I still stop in on occasion, but the frequency is way, way down. Packing my own lunch, trying to actually eat breakfast, and tying to eat healthier in general. It's a start.

As far as results, all things considered, I'm probably where I should expect to be. I am a little nervous about my lack of swimming abiblity. But I have time, a good swim coach (if I ever decide to listen to her), and I just ordered a book that's supposed to teach you how to swim from square one. I read about it through some triathlon website or blog, I don't remember which. All the reviews are very good, we'll see. Not concerned at all about the bike, with time, I'm sure that will come together just fine. My lack of running ability should concern me but it doesn't. If I get off the bike (at the IM) at the last possible moment, I should still be able to pretty much walk a marathon in the 6-1/2 hour allotted time.

October Preview - With winter around the corner, I'm going to attempt to ride as much as possible over the next month. Still going to mix in a walk and/or swim on a weekly basis, but if I can, my preference is going to be the bike. I'll have plenty of time to swim in the winter, and I have no problem walking in the cold either, but the bike will be gone.

The schedule I've been on is Tuesday mornings, Wednesday afternoon/evening, Friday morning, and Sunday afternoon. I'll stick to this schedule for now, as it seems to be working.

No comments: