Monday, October 8, 2007

Bi-Day

As in biathlon or duathlon, get your minds out of the gutter. Du-day didn't sound any better, so bi it is, was. That said, today was a dual "workout" day.

This morning I got up and walked just under 5-miles. Knees are still aching from last week, so I'm going to put off attempting to run for a while. Nothing really worth noting. Felt good to get out again.

This afternoon I squeezed in a 6-mile ride between work and picking up the kids. Windy as hell out, but I never really had to go straight into it, mostly road north/south, perpendicular to the wind. Despite my best efforts to keep a decent pace. I once again managed (any guesses) just 12 miles an hour on this short ride. Perhaps mountain bikes have a governor of sorts limiting their maximum speed. Or maybe it's just me.

On the bike note, we did stop and look at tri-bikes last week. The particular bike I'm looking for (Felt S32 or S22, whichever is the cheaper of the two) is not to be found in Madison. Milwaukee has several dealers. Going to look there next. I'm curious what differences I'll see between the mountain bike and the road bike. It's been at least 16 years since I've been on a road bike. Should be interesting.

No comments: