Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ride Report

I swam yesterday, but wasn't really in the mood to post about it. Instead I scrolled through some other triathlon blogs looking for inspiration. Some of the ones I thought I might follow are linked over to the left. Spandex King recently posted a rant from Jay Leno. I have to say, I completely agree with him. It's an interesting read, go there. Now!

Today I rode, except for the wind, weather was great. Seems the first couple of miles are always tough. I intentionally went out slow, but within a mile or so I fell into my typical pace. Swung through town then headed east towards Oregon. Seems like on every ride (and perhaps to a lesser extent run/walk) you get to this point where you're not sure which direction to go. This happened today at mile 10 or so. The wind had been at my back most of the way and I was feeling pretty good. I went left, the wrong way. I knew where I was and where I was going, I simply underestimated the extra distance, figured it might be an extra mile or two, turned out to be closer to 5 or 6. It also took me further west on a day when the wind was blowing hard from the east.

Big mistake, I didn't really feel it until about mile 16 or so, but when I did it hit me like, like a two ton heavy thing (quick, name that tune). Really struggled through the rest of the ride, part of it was the wind, but for the most part it was dead legs.

Overall I feel pretty good about the ride, much better than the swim yesterday. 20+ miles is my longest ride to date, and at 13 mph, it's also my fastest. Tomorrow will likely be a pool day if anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the tune!

Robert said...

so what is it? I know the band, can't think of the actual song.

Anonymous said...

It is the beginning of the song Empire.