Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Trifecta

For whatever reason I've lacked a little motivation lately. Sunday I went for a short ride, but yesterday I blew off my alarm clock in the morning, then decided to lay on my butt last night. Bad timing, especially considering my forced 7-10 day layoff starting thursday afternoon. We don't need to get into that here.

Today was a different story, not exactly planned, but it just worked out that way. Started with a noon swim up at MG. Unfortunately 25 minutes into it the fire alarms went off. I was told to get out of the pool, was allowed to grab a shirt, and then ushered outside, where I sat for the next 20 minutes. It was reasonably nice, but still cold when you're wet. Apparently there was a fire in the art room. Must have been paint with gasoline day.

Turned into a very nice afternoon, so after getting home from work I went out on the bike. Nice ride, 16+ miles. Heading down the river trail I almost hit a deer, when I turned my head back forward from the first I realized there was a second running next to me. On my ride Sunday, 8 or 9 turkeys were standing on the shoulder of Skyline Drive directly in front of me. I didn't really move over, and they weren't too concerned about getting out of my way. It's little things like this, and chasing the ducks and geese off the Virgin Lake trail, that make riding outdoors so much more interesting than sitting on a stationary in the basement.

According to my log, it had been 9 days since I've walked the dog, so after a quick dinner G and I headed down to PT conferences, dog rode along. Patrick is doing well, and dog and I took a round about walk home from school, including a trek up the river trail from town. 5+ miles later we made it home. Legs hurt now, I'm dreading the morning. But basically I finished a sprint distance triathlon today (with 4.5 and 1 hour transitions), so I feel pretty good about that.

Plan to get as much in tomorrow and thursday morning as possible, then it'll be the couch for a while. Not sure what to expect.

No comments: