Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tyranena / Jingle Bell

Couple of weeks ago we received a mailer for the Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell run/walk. This seemed like a great first event to kick off my ironman quest so I put it on the mental calendar. It's appropriate because I actually have arthritis, and it's only 5k or 10k.

Then this weekend while parked on the couch I came across the Tyranena Beer Run. This seems much more my speed. Run (likely pronounced walk), drink beer, and eat lasagna. What more could one ask for? They have 1/6 keg (marathon) and 1/2 keg distances. This would definitely be a 1/6 keg (4.37 miles) for me. If I attempted the 1/2 I'd be worried they would run out of beer/food by the time I finished.

Let me know if you want to partake in either with me. I think Tyranena is on Nov. 10 and Jingle is on Dec. 8.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought "the Beer Run seems like something I would be interested in" so this morning during what I thought was my workout I thought I would take a stab at running. I found I am truly a beginner, as running 4 miles is out of the horizon yet. Guess my working out is more of just a leisurely jaunt. But hey, if you need support, I will come and I know I could drink the beer while you run.