Monday, October 15, 2007

Impromptu Ride

I guess it's that time of the year when outdoor training (specifically on the bike) turns into an opportunistic endeavor rather than one that follows a schedule. This afternoon the weather was about as good as I thought it could get this time of year. So off I went.

Immediately I felt the after affects (effects?, I don't know, I'm tired) of yesterday's ride/walk. Sore legs, aching knees, etc. But it was nice, and after riding a portion of the river trail yesterday, I decided to ride the rest of it this afternoon. This led me downtown, then out of town to the south. Fourteen miles later I was back home. Legs loosened up and I felt pretty good most of the way.

I like riding off-road so much more than on the streets. No traffic, out in nature, twisting trails instead of arrow straight roads, what's not to like. If only I was fast enough to out run the mosquitoes. I wish we had more trails in the immediate area.

No comments: